Fingerprint Submission Registration Website
This website is designed to allow church personnel a
means to process fingerprint-based criminal history background screening checks
in accordance with the Diocese of Palm Beach (DOPB) Policy for the Protection of
Children and Vulnerable Adults. This Level II screening process will be
completed by an electronic fingerprint submission to the Florida Department of
Law Enforcement Volunteer and Employee Criminal History System (FDLE/VECHS) and
the Federal Bureau of Investigation Non-Criminal Justice Computer System
(FBI/CJIS). Using electronic processing, church personnel and applicants can
schedule a fingerprint-taking session with a designated print-taker, submit a
set of 10-print fingerprints to the FDLE/FBI, and have the results submitted to
their respective parishes, schools, early childhood centers, and/or other
Church Personnel shall mean all of the following:
- Clergy: All priests and deacons who have faculties of the Diocese of Palm Beach.
- Religious: All women and men religious who are regularly involved in ministry on behalf of an entity of the Diocese.
- Employee: Any lay individual who is employed by or engaged in ministry who is given payment for services
(any form of compensation, whether monetary or otherwise) rendered in which the obligation to withhold for payroll tax
(FICA, Medicare, and withholding) exists, whether part-time or full-time. This definition shall include all such persons whether employed by the diocese,
parish, school, early childhood center, group home, or other Diocesan organization that is controlled by or operated by the bishop. "Personnel" as
defined herein, has reference only to the applicability of this policy, and is not indicative of any agency or employment relationship between the
diocese and the party whose compliance with this policy is sought.
- Volunteer: Any unpaid person who is engaged or involved in any diocesan institution or parish activity entrusted with the care, responsibility, or supervision of children or vulnerable adults, no matter how many hours per week.
- Vendor: Any lay person not employed by the Diocese, engaged to perform services on behalf of the Diocese of Palm Beach or any of its entities.
HOW TO SUBMIT PRINTS
- Complete this registration
- Goverment-issued photo identification (i.e. driver's license or Florida identification card) will be required to complete this registration
- Obtain an authorization form from parish, school or other entity that is sending the applicant to be fingerprinted
- Schedule appointment at a diocesan fingerprinting site
- Bring government-issued photo identification (i.e. driver's license or Florida identification card) AND authorization form with you to appointment
- All Applicants MUST sign the Waiver Agreement and Statement after completing the fingerprinting process
- There is no payment required
Results of the screening and adjudication (evaluation) of criminal history records will be provided to the diocesan entity (parish, school, early childhood center,
or other organization) by the Diocese of Palm Beach Safe Environments Office (DOPBSEO). No other organization except the DOPBSEO screens and/or clears applicants.
An applicant whose Level II screening results DO NOT meet the Minimum Standards of Moral Conduct will be notified by the
Diocese of Palm Beach Safe Environments Office (DPBSEO). An applicant who wishes to appeal the validity of information provided by the Florida Department of Law
Enforcement or the FBI will be required to provide certified court documents clearly stating an acceptable disposition to the charge(s) in question to
the Diocese of Palm Beach Safe Environments Office (DPBSEO).
All questions regarding an applicant's denial should be addressed to the Diocese
of Palm Beach Safe Environments Office (DPBSEO) who can, subsequently, provide the
applicant with access to the diocesan appeal process as well. It is not necessary to appeal the validity of information in a FDLE/FBI report in order to appeal
If you are unable to locate your parish, school, early childhood center, or diocesan organization in the search of the data base, please contact the
Diocese of Palm Beach Safe Environments Office (DPBSEO) at (561) 775-9593 or (561) 775-9530.
An applicant who has not been notified of successful completion of his or her background screening cannot be given the care, responsibility, or supervision of a child or youth nor be allowed unsupervised access to vulnerable adults.
By selecting the check box, I certify that I have read and understand the instructions.
Please print this page for your records.